Speech therapy is a related health profession which is widely practiced by a certified Speech Language Pathologist or Speech language therapist both of whom may be known by the shortened description as Speech therapy forms an basis of an early intervention program in which once the individual (both children & Adults) is assessed and diagnosed with speech and language disorder, the next step will focus on providing/planning the suitable early intervention strategies which has been developed and practiced specifically for speech and language disorders. Speech therapy also provides proper guidelines, counselling and support to the family members of the affected individuals to overcome the problem. They are different evidence based early intervention programs which are widely practiced all over the world. Your Speech therapist will decide and plan the appropriate therapeutic management depending upon the type of disorders.
500 /45 MinuteBuy Course
There are different types of communication disorders such as
- Child & Adult Language disorders- Autism, ADHD, Intellectual Disability, Specific Language Impairment, Learning Disability and other cognitive aspects of communication such as Aphasia, Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease (attention, memory, problem solving, executive functions, pragmatic/social aspects of communication, pre-literacy and language based literacy skills and phonological awareness);
- Speech Sound Disorders- Misarticulation, Cleft Lip and Palate, Repaired palate/lip;
- Feeding/ Swallowing disorders;
- Voice Disorders: Vocal cord paralysis, Pupaphobia, Androphobia,
- Diplopodia, Breathy and Hoarse voice;
- Motor Speech Disorders- Cerebral palsy, Childhood Dysarthria, Adult Dysarthria, Oral weakness;
- Apraxia and verbal dyspraxia- difficulty in motor planning of speech.
- Augmentative and Alternative communication (AAC) for severe speech and language impairments.
- Auditory processing disorder- difficulty in processing speech due to hearing loss/hearing impairment.
If any of the above disorder is identified among or within your family members,
friends kindly contact speech therapist immediately for further information.